Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Giving Bank

Hello All,

Many of you are very interesting...well, all of you are interesting but I think I am talking about in reference to the blogging. You read the blog and then instead of posting a comment, you send me an email. That is fine but you could save yourself a step if you would post on the blog. I am all about efficiency!

On to the post for today.......our giving bank (see previous posts if you are not sure what this is). This month, we have struggled with our bank and who/what to give to. Our church has a Family Assistance program that they collect donations for at the beginning of each month so Craig donated to that program. Then we weren't sure what to do. He didn't get money from the giving bank, per se; he took it from his wallet. Well, that left money in the bank. After three weeks of praying, we still do not have any leading from the Lord about who to give this money to so we have decided to leave it in the bank until next month...let it build. Additionally, we have found two old pair of eyeglasses that we will donate to Target's ONE SIGHT program. See their site for more information www.onesight.org.

I think the Lord is reminding us that not all giving has to be monetary....another reason why we are cleaning out drawers, cabinets, and closets. We will be making a trip to the Hannah Home collection boxes soon to give away those things we do not need.

I think I am going to borrow this saying from a wiser woman......

"I aim to live simply so I can give generously"


Happy Giving,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments....so please feel free to leave some:)....