Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some deep thoughts....at the request of my daughter....

Giann's request today was a simple request....."Mom, you should post your thoughts about life on our family blog."

"Hmmm.....," was my response because in all honesty I had the thought of who wants to read my musings. And I can muse about some deep things. Just ask Craig or some of my close friends who have had to listen to those musings!

Just the word "muse" sounds good to me. According to Webster,

"to muse is to become absorbed in thought; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively."

So, I have pondered what was really in my head today....what has been swirling around that I have been trying to make sense of and I thought I would share it here.

The question is "What is the purpose of our minds?"

Really think about this question.

WHY do we have brains that can think in very complex patterns? WHY do some people have brains that can embrace physics and others that embrace the arts? WHY do some brains make sense of musical notes on the page or heard by the ear while other brains couldn't match tone if their lives depended on it? WHY do some brains love design and computers and building bridges while other brains would rather love on people? WHY do some brains enjoy math while other brains enjoy history?

Now, I understand the foundational truth that God made each individual uniquely and that each person is gifted with different gifts. That is not the question.

The question is what is the purpose of our minds/brain? Why do we have them?

What are we suppose to do with them?

Trust me, I am musing over this for a greater reason....I am headed somewhere.......more later, dear daughter......

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments....so please feel free to leave some:)....