Friday, April 29, 2011

The Fire in Ember

DiAnn Mills has become one of my favorite historical fiction writers. And she doesn't disappoint in this recent novel either!  Full of unforgettable characters and a great plot, Mills has you enthralled from the first page.

Watch this trailer.....



My thoughts about the book....as I said earlier, Mills captures your interest from the first page.  Bert, the main character, is a spunky boy/young lady and you want to believe in her even when there is a shred of doubt.  Timmons is another good, all-around guy but there are times you don't know if he will pull through and do what is right.  Of course, Mills has wonderful supporting characters who will find their way into your heart.  Timmons' mother and brothers balance the story as well as some of the townsfolk.  Mr. Oberlander...well, you just need to read the book to form your own opinion about him!

I found myself reading "just one more chapter" to see what would happen next.  It really is that kind of story.  Mills knows how to weave the plot between numerous characters in such a way that you are not quite sure what will occur.  Bert finds herself in the midst of chaos and deception.  The greatest deception is her own belief that she is unworthy of love and redemption. Bert must struggle through these issues while she is battling for truth to clear her of any wrongdoing.  Will she prevail?  Will she be redeemed?
Grab a copy of this book and find out....you will be glad you did!

5 stars

I was provided a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my fair and honest review.  As always, my opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments....so please feel free to leave some:)....